Today is World Environment Day, an initiative from the United Nations that was launched in 1974. It is dedicated to encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. This year the focus is on air pollution.
Did you know …
- 92% of people worldwide breathe polluted air, of which 7 million people die prematurely each year?
- Air pollution costs the global economy $5 trillion in welfare every year?
- Air pollution is predicted to reduce staple crop yields by more than 25% by 2030?
How does Aliaxis contribute to cleaner air?
At Aliaxis, we are committed to acting in an environmentally responsible manner and we are doing everything possible to reduce our emissions to air.
- We use filtration systems to prevent air emissions from our manufacturing plants.
- We manage our wastes carefully to ensure they are treated responsibly, even after leaving our sites.
- We work hard to reduce our CO2 emissions by improving our energy efficiency.
- We are currently researching ways to further increase the amount of recycled raw materials, such as plastic, in our products. This will reduce air emissions arising from waste disposal and the production of new raw materials.
How can you help?
In addition to supporting the efforts of Aliaxis, there are many things that each one of us can do in his everyday life to help make a difference:
- Use public transport or car sharing, cycle or walk;
- Compost organic waste and recycle non-organic waste;
- Save energy by turning off the lights and electronic equipment when not in use.