World Environment Day: how we make a difference
Today is World Environment Day, an initiative from the United Nations that was launched in 1974. It is dedicated to encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. This year the focus is on air pollution.
Did you know …
- 92% of people worldwide breathe polluted air, of which 7 million people die prematurely each year?
- Air pollution costs the global economy $5 trillion in welfare every year?
- Air pollution is predicted to reduce staple crop yields by more than 25% by 2030?
How does Aliaxis contribute to cleaner air?
At Aliaxis, we are committed to acting in an environmentally responsible manner and we are doing everything possible to reduce our emissions to air.
- We use filtration systems to prevent air emissions from our manufacturing plants.
- We manage our wastes carefully to ensure they are treated responsibly, even after leaving our sites.
- We work hard to reduce our CO2 emissions by improving our energy efficiency.
- We are currently researching ways to further increase the amount of recycled raw materials, such as plastic, in our products. This will reduce air emissions arising from waste disposal and the production of new raw materials.
How can you help?
In addition to supporting the efforts of Aliaxis, there are many things that each one of us can do in his everyday life to help make a difference:
- Use public transport or car sharing, cycle or walk;
- Compost organic waste and recycle non-organic waste;
- Save energy by turning off the lights and electronic equipment when not in use.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com