Brussels – March 1st, 2022 – Aliaxis, a world leader in fluid management solutions that enable access to water and energy, discloses excellent performance for 2021. The company has embarked on a positive and ambitious journey with its Growth with Purpose strategy, which involves ambitious targets for results, sustainability and innovation by 2025.
Highlights – 12 months period ended December 31, 2021 (versus 2020)
- Revenue of €3.7 billion, a like-for-like(1) increase of 31.0% and 33.8% vs 2020 and 2019 respectively
- Current EBITDA of €674.4 million, a like-for-like(1) increase of 46.6% and 60.9% vs 2020 and 2019 respectively
- CEBITDA margin of 18.3%, increase of 2.5% and 4.2% vs 2020 and 2019 respectively
- Net profit of €399 million, up 100.2% year-on-year and 116.7% vs 2019
- Net financial debt(2) of €99 million, a decrease of €338 million vs December 31, 2020
- The Americas achieved an extraordinary performance, growing sales by 47.5% and CEBITDA by 77.4% vs 2020 on a like-for-like(1) basis
- Closed divestment of SANIT in Germany in Q3 – Net proceeds and (pre-tax) capital gain of €88.7 million
- Leverage of 0.1x CEBITDA
- Increased proposed dividend: €0.782 gross (+18.8%)
CEO Eric Olsen comments on the year:
“Our performance in 2021 has been outstanding. We doubled our net income with revenue growth of 31% and CEBITDA growth of 47% compared to 2020 (like-for-like(1) basis), which was already the previous record year. The Americas had extraordinary performance and the other regions performed well. Our 2021 results show that our Growth with Purpose strategy is already bearing fruit. Not only are we constructing a value-creating journey, but we are also making a strong and positive impact on sustainability.”
Download the full press release below.
(1) 2019 and 2020 adjusted to exclude impact of divestments. 2019 adjusted on a pro-forma basis to reflect the full year impact of the acquisition of Silver-Line Plastics in November 2019. Impact of FX excluded to reflect underlying performance at constant exchange rate.
(2) Includes IFRS 16 Leases