GM Innovation & Product Development (PD)
Australia - Innovation
- Develop an aligned APAC Innovation strategy & roadmap and drive the full innovation portfolio (from idea generation to implementation) throughout the APAC organisation
- Build and lead Innovation and PD capability in the Region in collaboration with Regional stakeholders ensuring customer value that results in increased market share and profitability
- Deliver innovation results as measured by sales of new products, in close collaboration with regional marketing
- Implement the appropriate processes (ideation, project management, stage gate, portfolio mgt, knowledge mgt ).
- Actively participate in the global Aliaxis Innovation Council and APAC Leadership forums.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- University degree in digital marketing or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in successfully designing & delivering digital marketing campaigns using a broad cross section of digital channels
- Experience with and understanding of project management and quality assurance principals and best practices, from concept to on time and on budget completion
- Experience working within budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- Experience in effectively managing external agencies when required
- Ability to be key sounding board for future digital initiatives, also outside of marketing where relevant
- MSc or equivalent in materials engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering
Years/type of experience:
- 10+ years
- Experience with innovation management for industrial products – preferably in our business (plastics, building materials) or in the chemical industry
- Practical experience with innovation project management and innovation portfolio management
- Drive the full new product innovation portfolio for APAC
- Stimulate and manage the idea generation, capture and selection process in APAC
- Propose and select, jointly with marketing, the focus innovation areas for APAC
- Assess and prioritize the various innovation opportunities
- Define a balanced portfolio of innovation projects for APAC (short-mid-long term, incremental-breakthrough)
- Ensure adequate resources to execute the innovation projects
- Manage timely execution of innovation projects
- Accountable for APAC innovation budget
- Ensure continuous inflow of new ideas (market and technology driven)
- Implement Aliaxis’ processes for innovation (new product development) management (project management, portfolio management, knowledge management) in alignment with group best practices
- Accountable for innovation results and output in APAC (sales growth, ROI)
- Ensure an adequate new product innovation organisation in APAC
- Stimulate innovation throughout the APAC organisation. Increase awareness and communication.
- Active participation at the Aliaxis Innovation Council. Representing APAC, but co-deciding on Aliaxis’ global innovation portfolio
- Effective and constructive interaction with Aliaxis’ research centers in Paris, Toronto and Bangalore to assist in defining the company’s research project portfolio
- Close cooperation with regional and global marketing to achieve innovation objectives
- Identify opportunities for best practice leveraging across the business units
- Establish and Lead a Regional Innovation Council / forum with key stakeholders to ensure alignment to strategy, measure and monitor performance and align / adjust to business needs as required
- Lead and build Innovation capability through effective leadership and talent management by providing coaching, feedback and ensuring accountability.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com