Aliaxis reports stable top line in 2016, following record prior year
Aliaxis SA (‘Aliaxis’, ‘the Group’ or ‘the Company’), a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of advanced plastic piping systems, today announced its results for the full year 2016.
Highlights – Financial year ended 31 December 2016:
- Revenue of € 2,949.4 million, a decrease of 0.4% on a constant basis (after foreign exchange effects the decrease was 3.2%)
- Current EBITDA of € 358,8 million, down 9.1%
- Current EBIT of € 243.5 million, down 15.9%
- Net profit of € 108.7 million, down 33.9%, predominately driven by € 28.0 million one-off costs related to transformation and reorganisation initiatives and goodwill impairment of € 22.0 million
- Net financial debt decreased by € 44 million compared to 31 December 2015 – net leverage of 1.3, in line with 2015
- Completed integration of smaller bolt-on acquisition in Australia
- Company-wide transformation and strategy, ‘D.N.A.’ or Developing the New Aliaxis, defined and began journey to become a global integrated industrial group
- Significant investments to further strengthen the organisation and implement D.N.A.
For more information, please read the press release:
CEO Laurent Lenoir comments on the results:
“2016 has been a year where we initiated a significant transformation in our journey to become a global, integrated industrial Group. Overall, our results are in line with historical average, yet down from last year’s record achievement, and are negatively impacted by adverse exchange rate fluctuations, some write-downs in goodwill and inventories and significant investments related to D.N.A. (Developing the New Aliaxis)”.
Read the full press release here.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com