Aliaxis Half Year Results 2013
Overall good performance supported by recent acquisitions and benefits from cost management
Highlights for the first half of 2013:
- Sales revenues amounted to € 1,267 million; an overall increase of 5.9% compared to the first half of last year. On a like-for-like* basis this results in a decrease of 2.4% compared to the first half of 2012.
- Operating income (EBIT) of € 114 million, which is 12.6% higher compared to the same period of last year and on a like-for-like* basis an increase of 2.9%.
- Current EBIT amounted to € 114 million, in line with last year.
- Solid performance in North America and Australasia, with performance in Central and South America suffering due to lower activity levels in construction.
- Acquisition of Ashirvad Pipes in India boosted the Asian operations and the Latin American operations benefitted from the full semester contribution of Vinilit.
- No improvement of construction activities in Europe. The market environment in Spain and Italy continued to be particularly challenging.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com