Aliaxis Half Year Results 2012
Continued Satisfactory Performance Despite the European Slowdown
Aliaxis, a leading global manufacturer and distributor of plastic fluid handling systems, today released its 2012 half year results which highlight continued satisfactory performance despite the European slowdown.
Highlights for the first half of 2012:
- Sales revenue amounted to € 1,197 million, an overall increase of 7.3% compared to the first half of last year
- Current EBIT(**), excluding non-recurring items, amounted to € 114 million, an increase of 12.8% compared to 2011
- Continuing satisfactory performance in North America and Australasia, stability in Asia, and encouraging progress in South Africa.
- Solid improvement in operating performance in Latin America.
- Continued low activity in Europe, with particularly difficult conditions in the UK, Spain and Italy.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com