Aliaxis Half Year Results 2011
Financial results for the first half of 2011:
- Sales of € 1,115 million, an overall increase of 6.2% compared to the first half of last year and a like-for-like* increase of 6.3%.
- Operating income (EBIT) of € 116 million includes a non-recurring profit of € 15 million, and is 22.4% higher than the EBIT of the first half of last year. This corresponds to a like-for-like* increase of 22.8%.
- Increased sales levels in Europe, but contrasted performance across regions.
- Satisfactory performance in North America and Australasia. Good performance in Asia but challenging market conditions in South Africa.
- Overall increase of sales in Latin America, difficult conditions persisted in some regions
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com