Financial Results 2009
- Revenue €1,921 million, a decrease of 15.8% (a like-for-like¹ decrease of 15.2%).
- Operating income (EBIT) € 121 million, a decrease of 35.4% (a like-for-like¹ decrease of 29.8%).
- Resilience in France and Germany. Difficult conditions in the U.K., Spain and Italy continued whilst other European markets also suffered from declining revenues.
- Significant year-on-year revenue reduction in the U.S., stabilising by year end. Slightly better activity levels in Canada.
- Central American and Mexican markets mirrored the U.S. trend of deteriorating revenue. Revenue decline less pronounced in certain South American markets, such as Peru.
- Australian and New Zealand markets also affected by global recession, and difficult market conditions continued in South Africa.
- Satisfactory performance in China and Malaysia. Proposed dividend of € 0.24 gross per share (€ 0.18 net), an increase of 4.35%.
28 March, 2022
1 April, 2021
24 April, 2020