Aliaxis Annual Report 2009
Financial Results 2009:
- Revenue €1,921 million, a decrease of 15.8% (a like-for-like¹ decrease of 15.2%).
- Operating income (EBIT) € 121 million, a decrease of 35.4% (a like-for-like¹ decrease of 29.8%).
- Resilience in France and Germany. Difficult conditions in the U.K., Spain and Italy continued whilst other European markets also suffered from declining revenues.
- Significant year-on-year revenue reduction in the U.S., stabilising by year end. Slightly better activity levels in Canada.
- Central American and Mexican markets mirrored the U.S. trend of deteriorating revenue. Revenue decline less pronounced in certain South American markets, such as Peru.
- Australian and New Zealand markets also affected by global recession, and difficult market conditions continued in South Africa.
- Satisfactory performance in China and Malaysia. Proposed dividend of € 0.24 gross per share (€ 0.18 net), an increase of 4.35%.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com