Aliaxis reports excellent results and successfully moves to next phase of companywide transformation
Brussels, 25th March 2019 – Aliaxis SA (‘Aliaxis’, ‘the Group’ or ‘the Company’), a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of advanced plastic piping systems, today announced its results for the 12 months period ended December 31, 2018.
Highlights – 12 months period ended December 31, 2018
- Revenue of €3,095 million, flat compared to 2017 (up 4.4% at constant currency)
- Current EBITDA of €415 million, an increase of 0.9% (up 5.0% at constant currency)
- Current EBIT of €309 million, an increase of 2.7% (up 6.9% at constant currency)
- Net profit of €143 million, down 8.9%
- Net financial debt increased by €417 million to €775 million at December 31, 2018 – Net leverage of 1.9
- Implementation of company-wide transformation and strategy, ‘D.N.A.’ (Delivering the New Aliaxis), on track
- Acquisition of remaining stake in Ashirvad Pipes Pvt Ltd in Q3
CEO Laurent Lenoir comments on the results:
“I am proud to announce that Aliaxis delivered another excellent year in 2018. Driven by our leadership positions and product innovations, we realised organic top line growth at constant currency in most of our key markets. We also completed the acquisition of the remaining stake in our Indian joint venture, strengthening our position in this fast-growing market. In addition, through continued cost rationalisation and integration as part of our company-wide ‘D.N.A.’ transformation, we delivered a record Current EBITDA. I would like to thank all Aliaxis employees for their contribution to this excellent performance.”
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced plastic piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of about 16,000 employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 45 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
More on www.aliaxis.com